* Quality Assurance and Teaching Enhancement Officer *
The Quality Assurance and Teaching Enhancement Officer will be charged with ensuring that academic quality assurance standards and requirements in Sharjah Performing Arts Academy, an essential component of the Academy’s accreditation and excellence mission, are met and developed. The Quality Assurance and Teaching Enhancement Officer will work with the senior team on all matters relating with QA processes, and provide additional support at critical points in the academic year when tasks are time-contingent, and as directed by the Executive Director. This role is key in implementing innovative teaching and learning strategies, monitoring and recording assessment methods, and developing the academic processes associated with all level 3 – level 7 programmes.
Working closely with the Executive Director, Student Administration Manager and senior academic team, the duties and responsibilities of the Quality Assurance and Teaching Enhancement Officer will include, but not be limited to:
• ensuring timely and effective completion of the academic quality assurance periodic monitoring process
• working closely with the Advance HE body to deliver course modules and training set by Advance HE
• acting as mentor for staff undergoing fellowship and senior fellowship Advance HE process
• providing professional and timely support to faculty in quality assurance and compliance related-matters, and in accordance with the Academy requirements
• responding to faculty enquiries and requests regarding quality assurance
• documenting business processes within the area of Quality Assurance and Enhancement to provide business continuity
• ensuring that the quality assurance and enhancement processes are reviewed and updated periodically to reflect any changes in requirements by the Academy
• serving as the primary point of contact for reports and surveys requested by government agencies and commercial interests, including the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, Ranking Agencies reports and all other external surveys
• developing innovative teaching and learning processes within the Academy
• providing training for staff in areas pertaining to teaching and learning practice and enhancement
• monitor, track and analyse assessment, feedback and student progress tracking across programmes.
Teaching duties (Courses may include):
• Contextual studies
• History of theatre (contextual studies)
• Fundamentals year (partial delivery)
• Support across academic delivery (drama, theatre studies and portfolio assessor) on level 3 – 7 programmes
• Academic tutorials
• Provide training to internal stakeholders (staff and students) and briefing to senior external participants on the quality procedures and events.
Skills and Qualifications: our ideal candidate must be a qualified teacher and senior Fellow (Advance HE), with at least 5+ years’ experience teaching within complex regulations and frameworks, knowledge of QA development and enforcement, experience teaching and working at HE (Higher Education) level, excellent organisational skills, experience writing and delivering HE course modules, ability to work on a flexible schedule, which will include evening and weekend work.
• Second and/or third language favourable
For a full job description, or for any further information, please email: email@example.com
Employment type: Full-time, commencing August 2020
Reports to: Executive Director and Student Administration Manager
Salary: Remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits as per company policy.
Applications close: Thursday 16 April 2020
To apply: Please send a maximum one (1) page cover letter with your most current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.